STARTS July 11 – August 9th, 2017
Help nonprofit Saheli provide vital services to survivors of domestic abuse by donating on CrowdRise at the Macy’s Charity Challenge and win an exclusive savings pass
Saheli, Support and Friendship for South Asian Women and Families is one of several non-profit organizations competing for $300,000 in grant money as a part of The Macy’s Shop For a Cause Charity Challenge, which kicks off on July 11th 2017and spans 4 weeks until August 9th.
Over the past 20 years, Saheli has assisted more than 4,200 South Asian women and families seeking safety and financial security. The organization expects to serve more than 200 women by the end of 2017. In 2016, Saheli:
- Assisted 182 women and over 400 children with free domestic violence and crisis management, abandonment, divorce and child custody and support issues
- Provided financial aid to women to gain economic independence through continuing education to gain career skills and professional certification
- Provided 1,350 hours of counseling with the help of senior advocates and a licensed social worker
- Provided referrals to family law and immigration attorneys
- Provided referrals to physical and mental health professionals.
“Do not forget the women and children who are alone, abandoned, have no financial security, and have lost their dreams and hopes,” said Divya Chandra, Saheli Board Member, “Help Saheli reach women with your generous donation to the Macy’s Charity Challenge.”
To help Saheli win, please Click: http://www.crowdrise.com/shaeliboston and give what you can. If you want to go a step further, join our fundraising team so that you can reach out to your network about Saheli’s work. Please Click here: http://www.crowdrise.com/saheilboston and click Join Team. For every $5 or more donation, you will receive an exclusive savings pass from Macy’s.
Remember EVERY bit counts. Every dollar positively changes a life and know that all your donations are used judiciously at Saheli
We are so grateful for your generosity.
The Fundraising Team of Divya, Jiya, Mimi, Amrith and Rita.