Vacancy: Summer Intern/Office Assistant
Saheli seeks a part-time intern (15 hours/week) to assist the organization with administrative tasks and answering calls on the domestic violence helpline. We are a domestic violence prevention agency located in Burlington, MA. Burlington is on the 350 bus line, which connects to the Red Line Alewife T station. Ideally the candidate will have a background in—and passion for— gender issues, social work, preventing violence against women and working with survivors and the South Asian community.
- Office and administrative tasks
- Coordinating the quarterly newsletter with the Program Coordinator
- Helping to publicize Saheli events to local media outlets and partner organizations
- Attending Saheli events and writing articles for the press and the web
- Answering the Helpline
- Working with survivors of domestic and sexual abuse and their children.
Criteria for selection:
- Strong writing skills, ability to make phone calls to donors and speak to the community
- Knowledge of email marketing, social media, Google Groups and Excel databases
- Ability to work independently and proactively without close supervision
- Ability to function flexibly in a fast-moving environment in a collaborative way
Additional desired qualifications:
- Speak a South Asian language desirable (e.g. Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, etc.)
- Cultural understanding of the South Asian community
- Current or past involvement with Asian student groups.
We will happily provide reference letters, opportunities for professional networking, and academic credit (on a case-by-case basis, subject to your academic institution’s approval).
Please send letter of interest, resume, and any links to your website or portfolio to email@example.com. Please include “Intern – Summer 2017” in the subject line.