Vacancy Announcement: Part-time Bookkeeper
Saheli seeks a hardworking and motivated individual to serve as a bookkeeper. The bookkeeper offers support to the organization’s President and Treasurer to keep track of financial records and provide monthly reports to the Treasurer. Saheli is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting South Asian women and families. Our office is in Burlington, MA. Our mission is to empower South Asians to lead safe and healthy lives. With over 21 years of experience, Saheli offers a range of free and confidential services geared specifically to South Asian immigrants. We are recipients of a state contract for services from the Department of Public Health and require assistance for accurate financial records.
Duties and Responsibilities
Primary duties include financial record keeping and keeping track of transactions including accounts payable, receivable and general ledger.
- Communicate regularly with the Board President and Treasurer
- Compile financial reports as needed for monthly board meetings
- Ensure that all funds and donations are appropriately recorded
- Ensure that all expenditures are appropriately categorized and recorded.
Criteria for selection:
- Basic accounting skills and comfort with budgets and numbers
- Excellent skills and experience with QuickBooks, Excel and Word
- Experience working in the nonprofit setting
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication, phone and interpersonal skills.
Additional desired qualifications include:
- A friendly and outgoing personality,
- demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications with a diverse staff and board,
- strong organizational and time management skills,
- acute attention to detail,
- well-organized, self-directed and requiring minimal supervision.
Hours: 5 hours per week; opportunity to work from home occasionally, and requirement to meet with Treasurer as needed.
How to Apply? Please send a letter of interest and resume to Board Member, Mr. Pradip Tandon, firstname.lastname@example.org
2 references will be required. Position is open till filled. Saheli does not discriminate against people based on gender, age, religion, ethnicity, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.