Saheli is an organization dedicated to addressing the needs of South Asian and Middle Eastern immigrant women and their families with a focus on domestic and sexual violence intervention and prevention services. Saheli is always looking for individuals with a deep and passionate interest in helping survivors of domestic violence.
Position Announcement: Development and Communications Associate
The Development and Communications Associate is a part-time position and will report to the Co-EDs. Saheli seeks a self-motivated, entrepreneurial, problem-solving, and detail-oriented individual with strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills to join our team as a Development and Communications Associate.
Key responsibilities of the Development and Communications Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in grant research, writing, editing, reporting and tracking.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of the Development Plan that incorporates a range of strategies including annual appeals, major donors, grants, corporate and individual appeals, social media campaigns and special events.
- Manage donation/gift entry, record updates, and contact reports in Donor database
- Process acknowledgement letters for all donations to Saheli. Design and run reports and assist with database maintenance.
- Assist with the production and implementation of appeal campaigns and other fundraising communications and strategies.
- Provide overall assistance for Saheli’s fundraising events –such as creating event logistics and timeline, coordinating vendors, managing and tracking invitees/guest lists and contact information.
- Manage Saheli’s day-to-day social media work
- Help in creating Saheli’s development and marketing materials, including annual appeals, newsletters, and Annual Report to the Community
- In coordination with Saheli team, manage timely updates to Saheli’s website
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, humanities, or related field, with graduate degree or some graduate school a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, research, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experience publishing content on WordPress, Squarespace or other CMS
- Knowledge of best practices for writing and publishing on different platforms (especially Facebook and Instagram)
- Strong communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of team, including on deadline-driven projects and occasional tight timelines
- Be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgment and ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to and/or experience with social justice and/or domestic violence programs preferred;
- Grant writing experience preferred;
- Experience with WordPress strongly preferred
- Ability to support occasional evening and weekend work
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
We will begin interviews for this position immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Saheli is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Saheli is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status.
Saheli offers a supportive and flexible work environment that is culturally diverse. Saheli is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. Individuals with insight into South Asian culture are encouraged to apply. For more information please email us at email@example.com.