Saheli is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting South Asian women who are survivors of domestic violence. We seek a Co-Executive Director for the domestic violence portfolio working with existing Co-ED. Saheli serves the Greater Boston area with our office being located in Burlington, MA. Our mission is to empower South Asians to lead safe and healthy lives. With 25 years of experience, Saheli offers a range of free and confidential services geared specifically toward the challenges faced by South Asian immigrant families.
The Co-Executive Director position will provide administrative oversight of the domestic violence portfolio and will carry out all duties related to domestic violence personnel development, recruitment, training and supervision. The co-Executive Director (co-ED) will be expected to diplomatically coordinate activities across the organization and work closely with her colleague Co-ED, staff and board. S/he will have the ability to effectively delegate activities, be energetic, creative and enthusiastic about team work. The Saheli Co-EDs primary area of focus will be domestic violence services. She/he will provide strategic and organizational leadership, increase outreach to the South Asian community, document and communicate Saheli’s accomplishments, and mobilize resources towards the organization’s sustainability.
The ideal candidate will have a background in—and passion for—gender equity, social work, stopping domestic/intimate partner violence, and community development. She/he should demonstrate expertise with managing staff, interacting with both domestic violence survivors and community members, and leading as the face of a mission-driven South Asian organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer Saheli domestic violence and sexual assault program according to the organization’s stated mission, and maintain overall responsibility for all activities.
- Ensure overall clinical, operational and fiscal oversight of assigned programs and Ensure that services are in accordance with City, State, local regulatory entities
- Develop program priorities, objectives, goals and new initiatives
- Hire, supervise, train and facilitate the development of staff
- Develop, implement, monitor, track and assess the programs on an ongoing basis
- Assist the Board of Directors in the development and implementation of a strategic plan and keep them informed of agency operations.
- Establish a clear and appropriate chain of command and delegation of responsibilities.
- Keep apprised of developments and trends in the agency’s operation and be attentive to the changing or growing needs of the community.
- Ensure agency representation on the DV/SA High Risk and Response Teams and other community collaborative, commissions and task forces.
- Cultivating and coordinating relationships with Saheli’s Board of Directors and Advisory Committee.
- In partnership with the Co-ED, building and enhancing the organization’s public profile through speaking engagements, social media, and participation in the South Asian community.
- As a part of a team, assisting with organizing events including Nirbhaya, the fundraising gala, smaller fundraising initiatives and other development activities.
- Working with the Co-ED, identifying and creating professional development (training) opportunities for staff, Board members and volunteers and attending training at other agencies
- Assisting with additional projects on an as needed basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field of work or a BA with at least 5 years experience in a leadership role
- Experience working in a non-profit or community-based organizational setting
- Passion for and knowledge of women and gender issues, particularly intimate partner and domestic violence
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in program management and development
- Possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to publicly represent the organization to community members, supporters and donors
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel), online social networking (Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Creativity, attention to detail, flexibility and leadership capabilities
- Proficiency in a South Asian language a plus
- Cultural understanding of the South Asian community a plus
- This is a 30 hour/week appointment, with flexibility to work from home
- Be available to work evenings and on one or two weekends per month.
- Flexibility to travel as needed including occasional out-of-town and overnight trips.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to: long periods of sitting, standing and/or driving, repetitive use of upper extremities, ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds, and occasional bending, stooping, kneeling and/or crouching.
Please send cover letter and CV to President Saheli Board, Ms. Neelam Wali, firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is open till filled. Salary commensurate with experience.
Saheli does not discriminate against people based on gender, age, religion, ethnicity, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.