Job and Internship Opportunities
Are you passionate about gender equity? Do you have a commitment towards serving and helping women affected by domestic violence in the South Asian community? Then Saheli is the right place for you. Saheli is looking for a committed and passionate Domestic Violence Response and Prevention Advocate.
Saheli is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting South Asian women and families in the Greater Boston area. Headquartered in Burlington, MA, our mission is to empower South Asian women and families to lead safe and healthy lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Will provide culturally competent direct services to women and families facing domestic abuse and violence and link them to resources as needed.
- Provide coverage on a rotational basis with the help of volunteers for a 24-hour helpline for victims of domestic abuse and violence
- Assist clients in South Asian languages and English to interact with police, attorneys, court officers and others.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision, case meetings, and trainings
- Maintain current and accurate records of services and regularly check and update client database
- Accompany clients to police, court, public benefit services and shelter, as needed.
- Attend events in the South Asian community and promote Saheli’s leadership locally, regionally and nationally
Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.
- BA/BS in social work, behavioral sciences, and other related fields preferred. But can be substituted with relevant experience.
- Ability to speak a South Asian language and fluency in English
- Must complete comprehensive domestic violence training as soon as possible; documentation of similar training at another organization may partially fulfill this requirement.
- Computer literate and proficient using email, Microsoft Office applications and some knowledge of databases
- Strong communication, writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
- Must be highly motivated, mature, well-organized, self-directed, and committed to serving women and their families
- Be willing to work as a team to address difficult abuse cases
- Work in a small office environment and be willing to work with clients some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Valid MA driver’s license, reliable transportation and current automobile insurance.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are willing to travel to Shrewsbury and Worcester for community outreach and to work with client
- This is a part-time 15-hours a week appointment with flexibility to work from home on one day of the week
- CORI check and three reference letters are required
- Position open until filled
Please send cover letter and resumes to Divya Chaturvedi, Co-executive Director at email@example.com
For volunteer opportunities click here to fill out our volunteer application. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. After you fill out a volunteer application, a Saheli representative will get back to you within a few days to explore if your skill set and availability match our needs.