Job and Internship Opportunities
Saheli Boston is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting South Asian women and families in the Greater Boston area. Saheli offers a range of free and confidential services geared specifically toward the challenges faced by South Asians and other immigrants. Saheli provides services in the areas of domestic violence, career and economic empowerment, physical and mental health resources, legal and immigration assistance, and job assistance programs. Our clients speak languages from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and other smaller South Asian countries.
Saheli is looking for a committed and passionate Domestic Violence Response and Prevention Advocate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide culturally competent direct services to women and families facing domestic abuse and violence and link them to resources as needed.
- Provide coverage on a rotational basis with the help of volunteers for a 24-hour helpline for victims of domestic abuse and violence
- Assist clients in South Asian languages and English to interact with police, attorneys, court officers and others.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision, case meetings, and trainings
- Maintain current and accurate records of services and regularly check and update client database
- Accompany clients to police, court, public benefit services and shelter, as needed.
- Attend events in the South Asian community and promote Saheli’s leadership locally, regionally and nationally
Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent human services experience
- Ability to speak a South Asian language (preferably Bangla) and fluency in English
- Must complete comprehensive domestic violence training as soon as possible; documentation of similar training at another organization may partially fulfill this requirement.
- Computer literate and proficient using email, Microsoft Office applications and some knowledge of databases
- Strong communication, writing, speaking and interpersonal skills
- Must be highly motivated, mature, well-organized, self-directed, and committed to serving women and their families
- Be willing to work as a team to address difficult abuse cases
- Work in a small office environment and be willing to work with clients some evenings, weekends and holidays
- Valid MA driver’s license, reliable transportation and current automobile insurance.
- This is a part-time 20-hours a week appointment with flexibility to work from home on one day of the week
- CORI check and three reference letters are required
- Position open until filled
Please send cover letter and resumes to Divya Chaturvedi, Co-executive Director at email@example.com
For volunteer opportunities click here to fill out our volunteer application. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. After you fill out a volunteer application, a Saheli representative will get back to you within a few days to explore if your skill set and availability match our needs.