Saheli, Support and Friendship for South Asian Women and Families of Massachusetts, is offering scholarships for one year to two female students to pursue a college degree. Scholarships will range in size from $1,500 to $2,000. The applicant must be a senior in high school with a rising GPA and a commitment to higher education at an accredited college. The student may attend either a 4-year college or a 2-year program. Saheli’s goal is to empower girls who are unable to attend an institution of higher learning due to financial constraints. Funds for this scholarship were raised in the South Asian community of Boston in 2019 to assist underserved immigrant families.
- A female high school Senior (class of 2020)
- Residing in MA (United States)
- Maintains a high and rising GPA
- South Asian Origin (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Sri Lanka)
- Accepted into an institution of higher learning.
The 2020 application period opens May 15, 2020, and ends July 15, 2020. This is a one-year scholarship, renewable for qualified students.