for South Asian and Arabic Girls
Saheli is awarding scholarships of $1,500 each to three female students applicable to their tuition and fees cost towards a college degree. The applicant must be a senior in high school with a good record of academic accomplishment (GPA) and committed to enroll in an accredited college for higher education. The student may attend either a 4-year college or a 2-year program. Saheli’s goal is to empower girls who are unable to attend an institution of higher learning due to financial constraints. Funds for this scholarship were raised in the South Asian community of Boston to assist underserved immigrant families.
Application return instructions. Please submit the following:
- College Acceptance letter
- References from two individuals (one must be a educator)
- Personal statement
- An official high school transcript
- Letter about special circumstances (if applicable)
Respond by the deadline of June 30th, 2020, 5:00 pm.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A female High School Senior (class of 2022)
- Residing in Massachusetts (United States)
- Maintains a high and rising GPA
- South Asian or Arabic Origin (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and all Arabic speaking countries)
- Accepted into an institution of higher learning
Applicants will be rated on the following criteria:
- Personal interview
- Quality of the personal statement
- Content of the recommendation letter
- Quality of high school achievements
- Participation in community service and volunteering
The 2022 application period:
opens March 14th, 2022 and ends April 30th, 2022.
This is a one-year scholarship, renewable for qualified students.
Please forward all documents and required attachments to Divya Chaturvadi, Co-ED and Committee Chairpersons Kavitha Chandra and Aditi Soni:
or mail paper documents to the following address:
P. O. Box 1345
Burlington, MA 01803