Saheli is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization dedicated to supporting South Asian women and families in the Greater Boston area. Headquartered in Burlington, MA, our mission is to empower South Asian women and families to lead safe and healthy lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide culturally competent direct services to domestic violence survivors and perform advocacy work around issues such as housing, benefits, employment, childcare, medical and dental care, education, legal matters, immigration, mental health, and substance abuse
- Provide coverage on a rotational basis for a 24-hour helpline for victims of domestic abuse and violence
- Assist clients in South Asian languages and English to interact with police, attorneys, court officers and others.
- Accompany survivors to police, court, public benefit services and shelter, as needed.
- Co-facilitate assigned support groups, including a regular weekday evening group
- Develop and maintain relationships with law enforcement, attorneys, housing authorities, DTA and DCF, healthcare providers and other community services.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members, and attend agency events, training and staff meetings
- Maintain current and accurate records of services and regularly check and update client database in accordance with confidentiality guidelines.
Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required.
- BA/BS in social work, behavioral sciences, and other related fields preferred. But can be substituted with relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to candidate with fluency in South Asian language and English
- Must complete comprehensive domestic violence training as soon as possible; documentation of similar training at another organization may partially fulfill this requirement.
- Proficient in using email, Microsoft Office applications and some knowledge of databases
- Valid MA driver’s license and a reliable transportation
- This is a part-time 20-hours a week appointment
Please send a cover letter and resume to Divya Chaturvedi, Co-executive Director at email@example.com