Position Announcement: Communications & Development Coordinator
The Communications & Development Coordinator is a 20-hour position and will report to the Co-ED. This position is responsible for supporting the organization in executing the communications and fundraising strategy and marketing plans. In that role, the Coordinator will develop website content, manage social media on a daily basis, help to write key publications, and represent Saheli and its services accurately.
- Growing and developing a variety of content for Saheli’s social media channels, marketing programs, and resources and raising awareness of Saheli’s mission and programs by creating and sharing interesting, relevant, and engaging content. Identify new and innovative ways to enhance and expand Saheli’s social media presence and outreach to various stakeholders.
- Managing the Saheli website, which includes creating a variety of content, ensuring that the site is fresh and timely and accurate
- Coordinating and creating regular, topical, and timely content for the Saheli blog and; working with Saheli staff and Board to author blog posts
- Coordinating the development and dissemination of Saheli’s monthly newsletters
- Designing and editing large- and small-scale Saheli products and publications.
- Producing videos for social media, events, and other marketing opportunities.
- Developing and compiling monthly reports and web analytics to inform content creation; setting benchmarks and goals to track progress and growth
- Maintaining and upholding Saheli’s branding and messaging guidelines in all digital and printed materials.
- Providing communications support to other departments, as needed.
- Contribute to grant research, writing, assembling and progress reporting.
- Coordinate fundraising-related administrative duties as needed, including but not limited to correspondence, donor data entry, light bookkeeping and donor recognition.
- Support event planning as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Co-ED.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Commitment to equity and reducing disparities based on race, ethnicity, immigration status, sovereignty, gender, sexual orientation/gender identity, and other socioeconomic factors
- Experience publishing content on WordPress, Squarespace or other CMS
- Experience with Canva, Adobe Photoshop or other graphic designing software
- Experience in video editing is a plus
- Experience with Mailchimp or other email marketing platform
- Knowledge of best practices for writing and publishing on different platforms (especially Facebook and Instagram)
- Must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgment and the ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage time, deliverables and meet deadlines.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the individual in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
We will begin interviews for this position immediately and the position will remain open until filled. Submit resume and cover letter by e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Saheli offers non-judgmental culturally sensitive domestic and sexual violence services that are vital to the wellbeing of immigrant survivors of domestic and sexual violence while keeping in mind their unique cultural beliefs and upbringing. Saheli’s services are offered in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Punjabi, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and Arabic.
Saheli is an equal opportunity employer. We greatly value diversity.