for South Asian and Arab Girls
Saheli supports South Asian and Arab families in Massachusetts. We are awarding individual scholarships of $1000 – $2000 to three female students to be applied to tuition and fees cost toward a college degree.
The applicant must be a high school senior with good academic accomplishment (GPA) and committed to enrolling in an accredited college for higher education. The student may attend either a 4-year college or a 2-year program. Saheli’s goal is to empower girls who are unable to attend an institution of higher learning due to financial constraints. The South Asian community of Boston raised funds for this scholarship to assist underserved immigrant families.
Application return instructions. Please submit the following:
- College Acceptance letter
- References from two individuals (one must be an educator)
- Personal statement
- An official high school transcript
- Letter about special circumstances (if applicable)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A female High School Senior (class of 2022)
- Residing in Massachusetts (United States)
- Maintains a high and rising GPA
- South Asian or Arabic Origin (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and all Arabic speaking countries)
- Accepted into an institution of higher learning
Applicants will be rated on the following criteria:
- Personal interview
- Quality of the personal statement
- Content of the recommendation letter
- Quality of high school achievements
- Participation in community service and volunteering
The 2023 application period:
opens ends June 15th, 2023.
This is a one-year scholarship, renewable for qualified students.
Please forward all documents and required attachments to Reny Tewarie Co-ED and Committee Chairpersons Kavitha Chandra and Aditi Soni:
or mail paper documents to the following address:
P. O. Box 1345
Burlington, MA 01803