Saheli seeks a motivated, talented and dynamic individual to serve as the Development Program Assistant. Work 5 hours week, year round. A development assistant offers administrative support to an organization’s development office, which brings in money and resources from donors to sustain growth. Development assistants handle a variety of tasks related to institutional and individual giving. Much of the day’s work is spent managing relationships with current and prospective donors, bolstering membership and researching ways to bring in additional funds.
- Attend monthly meetings in Burlington, Mass.
- Communicate and work with the Program Coordinator and Governing Board to engage their expertise in fundraising related tasks
- Conduct research, analyze data and compile reports on current or prospective donors.
- Maintain and build collaboration with corporate donors, foundations, private donors, businesses, etc.
- Assist in creating an e-mail appeal donor strategy, including preparing mailing materials like invitations, solicitations and newsletters.
- Manage and update donor databases, track philanthropic requests, pledges and contributions, respond to member queries and sometimes approach benefactors for appeals.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Commitment to working with a South Asian immigrant population
- Experience working with community members and volunteers
- Flexible hours required; a few evening/weekend hours may be necessary
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, adjust quickly to shifting priorities, meet deadlines, exercise good judgment and handle situations under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, board and volunteers
- Excellent writing, communication, phone and interpersonal skills
- Excellent skills with computers including Word, Excel, Internet, Email, Facebook and Google
- Well-organized and self-directed and requiring minimal supervision
- Knowledge of a South Asian language desirable
- Please inquire within.
- Please send letter of interest and resume to Ms. Mariya Taher at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference letters will be required. Applications are due by January 30th.