Domestic violence affects 1 in 4 women in her lifetime – yet it’s a difficult topic to talk about.
To get the conversation started and raise awareness for domestic violence, The Allstate Foundation created the Purple Purse Challenge. SAHELI in Massachusetts is one of more than 160 nonprofit organizations across the country selected to participate.
Massachusetts residents are encouraged to join the Purple Purse Challenge by donating to Saheli by clicking here from Oct. 1-27. With 98 percent of victims also suffering financial abuse, where an abuser will limit access to money and credit, often keeping her trapped in a dangerous situation, these services are critical to help women break free and stay free.
To encourage public donations for local organizations competing in the Allstate Foundation Purple Purse Challenge at PurplePurse.com, the Allstate Foundation is investing $500,000 in Challenge sweepstakes and contests.
Supporters can donate from Oct. 1 through Oct. 27, 2015.
- October 1 – 6 Bonus Challenge #1 – Raise at least $500 online and get entered for a chance to win $2,500. 10 winners.
- October 6 – 13 Bonus Challenge #2 * – I: The three charities to raise the greatest amounts of money win $10,000 each. 3 winners. OR – II: Get at least ten donations and get entered for a chance to win $10,000. 3 winners.
- October 13 – 20 Bonus Challenge #3* – Top 50 Charities that raise the most this week get $1000.
- October 20 – 27 Bonus Challenge #4 – Get at least ten donations for one entry to win $10,000 and every additional ten donations gets you an additional entry to win. 5 Winners.
- October 27 2015 Purple Purse Challenge ends Grand Prizes 1st Place gets $100,000 2nd Place gets $75,000 3rd Place gets $50,000 4th Place gets $25,000 5th Place gets $20,000
If you would like to receive more information about the Allstate Foundation Purple Purse Challenge or if you are interested in speaking with a SAHELI representative or a local Allstate representative about this program, contact Mariya Taher, Saheli Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
To help Saheli win challenges for this campaign, you can click here to donate.